Welcome to Nova’s Seattle 2.5 patch, scheduled for Thursday morning, April 24th, 9:30am Pacific Time!
Although 2.4 was a pretty awesome patch, and addressed many previous balance issues, we like to think of life as a service, and as such, have been working diligently behind the scenes to provide our player of one exciting new challenges and interesting changes periodically to keep things on an upward path.
For this, we have given her one of the most challenging tasks yet, that of a permanent position at a nearby university as a Community Manager.
Now that we have addressed some overarching balance issues, it’s time to look inward. In future patches we will be addressing a complete overhaul of the Home Area, and addressing the over spawning of what has been referred to as “That goddamned coven of vampire hipsters”. It is likely complete resets of the Home Area will take place at this time, so someone needs to start packing up her stuff to prevent loss of items.
Here’s the complete scoop!
The Community Manager playable class has undergone some extensive revisions to address balance issues in work/life, finances, and transportation. The job description includes a portfolio of interesting titles, all with a very academic focus.
- The location “University of Washington” has been added for exploration. Go Dawgs!
- The location “Microsoft” will be reduced in scope, and secret areas such as “Willows” and “Studios” will be disabled without an appropriate escort quest.
- Baseball Season is now active for a limited time! Collect various swag from NPCs including wearables and bobbleheads from the NPCs, play mini games such as “Just how bad are the Mariners going to do, promising start this year and all”, and enjoy buffs such as Shout!
- Other locations Nova enjoys may see slight boosts in attendance and reliability of RSVPs.
The boss creature known as Bellatrix has been shown to be periodically too crabby and dealing too much damage with her special abilities Paw Swipe, Death Claws, and Teeth Remains. No need to complain further, the scars and the vacant look of sleep deprivation are pretty telling – we hear ya, community. Most importantly, we feel ya. Rather than nerf this precious being (her rewards are many), we’ve enabled our player with some great new abilities to help even up the fight:
- Stick Toy with Crinkly Bits has been adjusted to ensure a more balanced encounter with this creature.(backup feathers now respawn when she destroys the main one).
- Player may use Mariners Baseball Team buff on Distraction.
- Time has been added to player’s day, providing a buff to Playtime, Laps, and Snuggles.
Good luck, player one. We’re rooting for you.
Nova should be seeing improved commute performance time, unless she gets struck by temporary insanity and moves further away than one bus can get her.
We hope you enjoy the new features, and stick around to discuss the benefits.